Many privacy regulations afford individuals a number of specific rights. The European Economic Area (“EEA”) under the General Data Protection Regulation (“EU GDPR”), the United Kingdom’s General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”), the revised Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (revFADP), Canada’s Personal Information Protection & Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), China’s Personal Information Privacy Law (“PIPL”), the Brazilian General Data Protection Law (“Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados Pessoais,” or “LGPD”), the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA, as amended”) [https://www.altairglobal.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/CCPA-Policy-Statement-2023.pdf], Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Iowa, Montana, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Virginia ALL grant specific rights to people living under their jurisdiction.
As a ‘data subject’ – individuals of select states in the USA, member countries in the European Union (“EU”), the United Kingdom (“UK”), and Switzerland have a number of rights under the law with respect to Our use of your personal data. Altair is committed to honor your rights under applicable privacy law(s) for your jurisdiction:
- Right to Withdraw Consent: In order for Altair to administer your benefits and coordinate the delivery of services that your employer has authorized for you, We do need your consent to collect, store, process and share your personal information with Our suppliers, agents, or contractors, as needed. Where you are requested to consent to the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. It is important to note that by exercising your right to withdraw consent, We cannot administer services.
- Right to Know: You have a right to be informed about Our collection and use of your personal data. This policy is meant to provide transparency with regard to what personal information We collect, process, store and share about you.
- Right to Access: You can request a copy of the personal information We have collected if you want to know what personal data We have about you.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to obtain your personal data that you have provided to Us with your consent, or which was necessary to facilitate the performance of a contract to provide you with Our services. This right allows you to obtain your personal information in a structured, common, and machine-readable format, which enables you to transfer that personal data to another organization.
- Right to Erasure: You can request for Us to delete all the personal information We have collected about you when relying on consent as the lawful basis of processing if it is no longer required for audit, legal, and/or financial reporting purposes. Please note this is not an absolute right and We may deny your request (wholly or partly) if an exemption in data protection law applies, such as to comply with a financial obligation, other regulations, or in defense of a legal claim. It is important to note that by exercising your right to be forgotten, We cannot administer services.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to have your information corrected if any of your personal data held by Us is inaccurate or incomplete. If you find that any information that We are processing about you is inaccurate, please request for Us to have your personal data corrected.
- Right to Object to the Processing: You have a right to object to Us using or processing of your personal information, under certain circumstances. By objecting to the processing of your personal data, We may not be able to provide some or all of our services. This right is limited to personal data processed to comply with Our legal obligations, for commercial purposes, and/or the intended use.
- Right to Object to Automated Decision-Making: Altair DOES NOT profile or make a decision about you by automated means. If applicable in the future, you have the right to object to the processing of your data for the purposes of automated decision-making about you. It is important to note that by exercising your right to object to processing for the purposes of automated decision-making, it may limit Our ability to provide an optimal customer service experience.
- Right to not be Discriminated Against: You have a right to non-discrimination when exercising your privacy rights. Altair will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under applicable privacy laws.
In order to exercise your rights, please submit a data subject rights request via electronic mail to [email protected]. You can also contact Our Global Customer Privacy Hotline at +1-888-905-2117 and leave a voicemail. A member of Our Privacy Office will respond to your request within 2 business days.
Please note you may be required to verify your identity before we can give effect to these privacy rights. If you are making a privacy request on behalf of a customer, we require a signed authorization letter from the individual.