[Published July 17, 2020] In June 2020, Altair’s Global Consulting Services team conducted a pulse survey of Altair’s Client Services and Operations team members to gauge their clients’ reactions to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. View our findings in our benchmark.
[Published February 4, 2020] The World Health Organization (WHO) issued a health emergency of international concern for the novel coronavirus on January 30, 2020. Coronaviruses (CoV) can cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases. The current outbreak of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) was first reported in Wuhan, China, on December 31, 2019, and Altair Global has actively monitored the outbreak of the novel coronavirus and its impact on global mobility employees since.
WEBINARS ON COVID-19
As COVID-19 updates are revealed and companies work endlessly to cope with the ever-changing climate, join us on our COVID-19 related webinars as we dive into the details that matter most for mobility in this unique time.
Join Altair Global’s Kathryn Cassidy, President and COO, Jim Edwards, SVP of Global Supplier Partnerships, and Mary Beth Nitz, VP of Global Consulting Services, in this Road to Recovery webinar session as they discuss the road to recovery from the perspective of the relocation management companies, clients and third-party supplier networks, including:
- Current trends in programs and policies as well as customer sentiments that have come to light during the pandemic
- Ongoing challenges and strategies for service stability for supplier networks during the road to recovery
- Future predictions and recommendations for the new landscape of talent mobility and benefits
While no one knows exactly how long mobility will be impacted, it is certain that we will return to a brave new world of talent attraction and global mobility.
*Note: Must have a premium subscription through Worldwide ERC® to view with login required.
In this hour-long session conducted by Global Tax Network, International SOS provides an update on the current state of domestic and international travel as well as best practices to keep everyone safe throughout the COVID-19 crisis.
Additionally, Altair Global’s Brian Potts, EVP of the Americas, joins speakers from various relocation management companies to discuss the following:
- Case studies and success stories from the pandemic
- Mobility trends during COVID-19
- Each mobility company’s return to work strategies
When the COVID-19 pandemic hit worldwide, it disrupted several aspects of global mobility, with tax and finances being no exception. Join Susan Myers, Senior Vice President of Global Financial Services at Altair Global, and David Oltman, Chief Compliance Officer at Ineo LLC, as they discuss how mobility tax has been impacted as businesses start to navigate through the changing landscape and attempt to return to business as usual. Together, they cover:
- Mobility tax impacts for:
- Companies vs. Assignees
- Virtual Presence vs. Actual Presence
- Domestic Temporary Assignments (DTAs) and Extended Business Travelers (EBTs)
- Compliance issues surrounding Multi-state Temporary Assignments
- The absolute requirement of Pre-move or Pre-assignment Tax Briefings
- The future: impact of remote working post-COVID-19